We do recommend annual servicing to garage doors and motors to ensure they are working efficiently and to prolong their life.
To ensure your garage door works efficiently throughout the winter months, we’ve put together a few tips to help you maintain your garage door:
- keep your door clean, as debris and dirt on the door front could cause rusting
- check your remote control transmitters and ensure batteries are working properly and replace if necessary
- ensure windows and doors within the garage door are sealed properly, kept clean and that there are no cracks or wear and tear
- check weather strips are in good condition, are kept clean, free from debris and that there are no cracks or wear and tear
- check spring balance
- lubricate all moving parts
- check safety systems on electric garage doors
- check the moving parts of the garage door and wipe away excess grease build up
If in doubt about any safety issues with your garage door or gates, or if you would like an annual service carrying out, please either call our office on 01623 621999 or fill out our appointment form and we will contact you to book a mutually convenient time.
The cost of an annual service is £80 + parts if required.